- 11-Dec-2013 to 09-Feb-2014 (CST)
- Windsor, ON, CAN
- Full Time
POSITION SCOPE: Has overall accountability for production and business results for the Emrick facility. Involves employees in continuous improvement activities and projects and ensures adherence to quality and operating systems.
SAFETY, QUALITY, & ENVIRONMENTAL OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Act in compliance with the company Health & Safety policies and procedures including any applicable legislation.
2. Notify the appropriate personnel of any situation or condition that may contribute to product or process non-conformity.
3. Comply with the Environmental Policy and contribute to its goals and objectives accordingly.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates and maintains a positive and safe working environment through individual and team leadership support, along with communication, direction, and employee development.
• Develops and implements plans to efficiently use materials, labor and equipment to meet production targets.
• Plans and manages plant budgets.
• Reviews and adjusts production schedules in order to maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished inventory.
• Plans and implements changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
• Directs quality control inspection systems and develops production reporting procedures.
• Ensures the development of and reviews equipment maintenance schedules and recommends the replacement of machines.
• Hires, supervises and trains or oversees training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
• Ensures there is consistency of application of company policies, practices and procedures.
• Accountable for driving continuous improvement in cost, quality, and on-time delivery through planning, organizing, and scheduling work assignments with the team and engaging support groups using Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Evaluates employee performance and provides timely and constructive feedback to employees on individuals and/or team members.
• Provides direction, leadership and motivation to the managers and employees of the facility.
• Supervise, mentors and coaches the management team to improve quality and total production output.
• Determines workforce requirements.
• Works closely with and support all departments to ensure involvement in and continuous improvements of all systems – Management Review, APQP, PPAP, CPI, customer and supplier issues, cost improvements.
• Ensures performance goals for Management Review and department are established and met.
• Maintains corporate benchmark status in housekeeping activities. Ensures that each department establishes and maintains safe and clean working environment goals. Ensures that responses to workplace inspections are completed and maintained.
• Maximizes company profits. All cost areas are within budgeted parameters.
• Other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
2. Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
3. Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer and supplier needs; meets commitments; develops positive relations internally and externally.
4. Communication – Communicates clearly and effectively with all team members (customer and plant). Works effectively with a variety of people with different personalities, and effectively leads projects to fruition. Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Edits work for spelling and grammar; presents information clearly and is easily understood.
5. Organizational Support – Follows policies, procedures, work instructions and practices; completes administrative tasks accurately and on time.
6. Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
7. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
8. Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
9. Judgment – Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making.
10. Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
11. Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
12. Computer/Information Systems Skills – Demonstrates ability to use the tools available (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project) and able to find documents, policies, work instructions as required.
13. Continuous Improvement – Supports company vision and mission for World Class Manufacturing. Generates ideas and suggestions for improvements.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings